Review: Windows On The World Japan

by - 9:53 PM

Having computer issues so thought I'd do a quick review, outfits will come later!


The Good:

I absolutely adore the way that they incorporated both traditional and modern Japanese fashions! It's a great way to promote the designers of today while paying tribute to their origins. 

The interior design is also stunning, well designed and I'm so happy that we can buy it for our own suites! It's also well laid-out with a floor that can be used for placing items on - I always get annoyed with suites that don't have any kind of floor or room to personalize them.

The addition of the art pieces is also a great move on stardoll's behalf, and reminds me of Museum Mile. It lets both fashionistas and furniture lovers enjoy the store.

My Favourites:



The Bad:

I'm somewhat disappointed in the lack of street style clothing, which Japan is so well known for - but I guess they thought since we already have Evil Panda, we wouldn't want more. 

The graphics and items are a mess. the belt on the Zuhair Murad Inspired outfit was once in Royalty - and personally, I like the original version much better. The new one looks so flat and lacks the epic detailing that made the original so cool. Plus, the belt and skirt are attached to each other now... I really hate it when stardoll does that!



In terms of the "Traditional" first floor, I really wish they'd used some actual Japanese inspired designs instead of Western ones.

The Hopeful:


Personally, I'm looking forward to more collections like this. I really miss the days when WOTW had more regular collections, and highlighted all kinds of cool fashions, traditions and events. 






You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Loooove your entries!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete