#ClubEntries: Amazing Oscars Outfits Recreations

by - 12:53 AM

Hi, dollies! 

So the results for C9T1 are up, and I finally chose two of my favorite outfit recreations to get featured in the club! 

The first outfit recreation is elyssedeloro's. She recreated Janelle Monae's outfit at the 2017 Oscars .




"I tried to recreate the gown that Janelle Monae wore at the 2017 Oscars. It was from the Elie Saab haute couture collection, and the look was styled by Maeve Reilly.

This gown is a work of art. I tried to get the closest impression of the look as I could using what I had in my closet and beauty parlor. I layered several tulle and chiffon clothing items and used tattoos to get the feel of the decorations on the upper part of the bodice which had decorative bird appliques attached to a sheer fabric. The choker was actually attached to the gown. I used a beaded gold headband and turned it upside-down and resized it, plus a couple of chokers to approximate the look of it.
It would probably be impossible to get all of the incredible embellishments and details into a recreation of this gown, but I hope I created a credible impression of it."


Amazing work from our talented model, elyssedeloro!

The other featured recreation was from our new member - maymiex!
She recreated Ginnifer Goodwin's Oscars outfit. 




"This look is inspired by Ginnifer Goodwin, designed by Zuhair Murad. I was obsessed with the bold red and the lace layers. I wish I could have found something long-sleeved to be more accurate to the look, but unfortunately I had to stick with the lace short sleeves. I layered two different red tulle and lace skirts to further complete the look. And of course, paired with a matching red clutch."

And last but not least, lolitka1444's rendition of the Karlie Kloss outfit we saw in one of our previous posts!



Another gorgeous and creative rendition of one of the outfits of the night. What do you think of these outfits? Did you like them? Who would you have chosen to recreate?

Josefina (HATECHAINMAILS)

You May Also Like

0 comments