Review: New Basics Decor

by - 6:22 PM

What I Loved:

The textures! There's so many nicely detailed items in this collection, something so rarely seen in starcoin items.

They're also  good array of genuinely basic, classic items. The last collection of this store left us with obnoxious colours and crazy stripes, neither of which are all that fun to try and style. This time, it's all sleek, mostly monochromatic with small accents of colour. 

My Picks:


What I'm Unsure Of:

The lack of variety. Typically, BASICS collection have a large range of colours, of the same item - it's a huge part of it's appeal, because it means stardolls can buy something to go with everything. Other than the curtains,and floor lamps, everything is in one colour only.

While I think that the old way of making multiple floors for each colour is outdated and awkward, would it really have been that hard to put the little coloured circles, like with posed items? It seems the logical way for this store to go, to me.

Also, we can't buy the interior. As mad as I was about that 20sd BASICS (?!?!?) interior a few seasons ago, this one isn't sold at all. The Pretty N Love: Pretty Interior has the same floor, though.

What I Hated:

Seriously, what is with these insanely overpriced items? I can't see the advantage of it in starcoin pieces, unless they want to encourage broke new members to leave the game. Or buy stardollars for lack of any other real option, maybe. 285sc for a completely basic couch is utterly ridiculous.







What did you think of this collection?


You May Also Like

0 comments