Review: RIO

by - 1:00 AM

What I Loved:


This was definitely released for the purposes of Coachella styling, which is reflected in the items.

Stardoll has created a number of super trendy, current pieces that are totally Coachella worthy and which Vanessa Hudgens herself would not doubt approve of!

The White Lace Playsiut has some super cute texture going on, I really wish we'd seen a few more lace pieces like it.

The majority of dress lengths are actually decent - way too many collections lately have had scarily short skirts, but this time, they actually look long enough to wear in the real world.

The mannequin outfits actually look decent this time! Usually, they just don't look great, but this time, they're not that bad. In fact, they're good enough to get into my review - not sure if that means the others are really bad, because in all truth, I still think Stardoll could have done better.

My Picks:



What I Hated:

As I mentioned in my last review, Stardoll's items are just becoming flatter and flatter, and it's not okay. Where's the shape in this? My doll has boobs and hips, but these items almost all make her look like a plank!

And, again, they've recycled items. I though the Bustier Frill Tangerine Top was cute, but looking at the hideous print on the Dotted Top and Pants, they shouldn't have bothered to make another one. Spots are rarely a good print, but yellow on white is outright hideous.

Overall, ALL of the prints chosen in this collection are awful. Many otherwise decent items have been ruined by terrible choices in colours and prints - or both. Like the Leopard Print Halter Skirt, which in plain white or black could almost have been nice.

Stardoll messed up somewhere with those earrings. There's a pair of two marked "DO NOT USE" or, you can shell out and buy two left earrings, which is going to cost you double. That's not okay!


What did you think about this collection?



You May Also Like

0 comments