REVIEW: Velvet Orchid

by - 7:26 PM

Long time, no post! It's my final, final exam today so this will be quick! I'll do a lookbook later though. I had a few people set up for interviews as well, but people keep answering only half of the questions.

Anyway.

WHAT I LOVED:

I don't normally like Velvet Orchid as a store, but this time Stardoll has made a quirky, mature looking collection that I might actually wear IRL. 

They're also clearly starting to learn to look for what us, as members, actually want. More sheer items being one. Denim jackets being another.

They've also kept a really monochromatic, toned-down pallet which, again, is definitely something that dolls - including myself - are buying into at the moment.

The accessories have got their A-game on! I am absolutely in love with quirky purses. Chokers are just the style that never seems to end. And clear strap shoes are the new stiletto.

MY PICKS:


WHAT I HATED:



Velvet Orchid never looks like any other store, but overall, a lot of these items just look like Bonjour or IT Girls. 

And as always, every doll's other big pet peeve - there's absolutely zero new Starcoin items. Honestly, the Mini Playsuit is a white tee by a different name - who on earth would pay sd for that? 

Which leads me to the bizzare mix of quality and flat-pack graphic styles. How can they justify something detailed and deep like the Satin Mini Dress, in the same release as a paper-flat, round-tummy Two Tone playsuit? Seriously, why to they put white shading there. Bad call, stardoll.

IN THE MIDDLE:

The boys clothes. It's one of those times when I've gotten so excited, only to notice they're just another repeat of stuff we've already seen. It's disappointment, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Playsuits and jumpsuits in general have a bit of a "meh" ratings from me. Maybe it's my bad IRL experiences. Maybe it's the threat of a full-body wedgie. I don't really know. I think, in part, it's because Stardoll seems to always go for the absolute minimum effort with them. 


WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS RELEASE?



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Totally agree with you, that playsuit isn't worth that much, it looks so basic. And the clear /plastic items are what I've been waiting for ages

    ReplyDelete