#BloggerForADay: Peculiar Pieces - Episode 2

by - 2:56 PM



Hi, dollies!

The Peculiar Pieces Series is all about different seemingly innocent articles of clothing that have been oddly received in the Stardoll community. First I will discuss what makes the piece so peculiar, then I will give an example on how to style the piece to make it more presentable. You can see Episode 1 in this very blog!


This piece is the Pastelle Faux Fur Coat from the Alexander Mc Queen Tribute. This tribute was very well done and vastly popular. Because I adore all things magical, I fell in love with the butterflies, unicorns, sparkles, and floral themes of this collection right away, and bought most of the items! I did not at the time, however, buy this coat- and I am so thankful that I didn't. As I said before, the collection was very popular, so after it left Starplaza all of the prices on the Starbazaar were very high- except for the coat. As I browsed I could see so many of the coats being sold for prices ranging from 30 to TWO STARDOLLARS!!! I was able to buy 2 coats and only loose 6 stardollars! Why the peculiar price, you ask?


I personally didn't mind the coat at all, but I can understand why others would not like it. First, while my style is mainly light and pastel, the majority of the Stardoll Community has other preferences which this coat does not suit well. Second, the large shape is not flattering at all for those who like to show of their doll's body. Third, the fur design at the neckline and around the shoulders looks cheap and poorly done (We have seen proof of how luxurious Stardoll can create fur already, case and point the coveted Subcouture pink faux fur.) Finally, due to it's large size, it is difficult to accessorize the coat and make an outfit with it your own. Despite all this, the peculiar coat has potential, so I will give you an example on how to style it!


Due to this coat being such a grand piece by itself, the best route to go when styling it is to be simple. I dressed my doll up in Pretty in Love's Floral Print Pencil Skirt and the Crochet Bralet from Nelly, but any light skirt and top underneath will work just fine. The coat is what truly makes the outfit, and due to it's cheap availability on Starbazaar, it is perfect for members who are not as wealthy but want to develop a dainty style. With a pair of any pastel shoes (I went with Velvet Orchard's Babydoll Platforms) the look is complete!

What do you think of this peculiar piece?
Honeybee62

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. The pictures are not showing up for me? But they do on other posts

    ReplyDelete