#BloggerForADay: Peculiar Pieces - Episode 1

by - 2:53 PM


Hey, everyone!

The Peculiar Pieces Series is all about different seemingly innocent articles of clothing that have been oddly received in the Stardoll community. First I will discuss what makes the piece so peculiar, then I will give an example on how to style the piece to make it more presentable.

This first piece is the Dolce & Gabbana Tribute inspired Piano Skirt. When I first saw this piece in the Starbazaar (I wouldn't have been able to afford it while it was in stores), I was thrilled! It looked so cute, reflected my love for music, and I could imagine so many outfits planned around it due to its simple black and white color scheme. It was also being sold at a relatively low price for a tribute piece, only 13 stardollars! Naturally, I bought it right away... only to realize later WHY it had been sold for so cheap.

First, the material is odd - It either appears to be a poorly executed attempt at shiny vinyl or to have poorly placed sparkles on a plain fabric. However, the material looks fine when seen from afar, so this isn't the big issue. What IS the big issue is its size. It rests very low on the hips, so it can not be worn with many of the wide selection of tops on Stardoll, and if you do manage to find a long top, it will most likely cover up the black keys of the adorable piano keyboard design, defeating the purpose of the skirt's charm and whimsical flair. Barely any tops tuck can tuck into such a low waistband, and due to the scanty length it can't be paired with crop tops with modesty. Despite all this, the peculiar skirt has potential, so I will give you an example on how to style it!


I paired the skirt with the Layered Subcouture sweatshirt, because the tops's length complimented the skirt nicely and the lace layer covered up the fabric's imperfections, all while still showing off the cute piano design. I believe that any sweatshirt at this length will work, because the loose top will offset the tight bottoms. I added the Thin Black Bow choker from Nelly and the Subcouture Catty Headband to carry the black of they keys throughout, but any black accessories will tie together the look.

What do you think of this peculiar piece?
I'll be back for an Episode 2 soon!

Honeybee62

You May Also Like

0 comments